wedding COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer 2012

Summer is over for us here in Cleveland.  Tyler is in his 3rd week of the dreaded 2nd year of  dental school.  With me being on nights this month, sometimes I see him for ten minutes or less a day.  Its  only temporary though and I have had crazier schedules in the past. It will and already has been a rough school  year for Tyler though.

Summer doesn't feel quite the same when you are working - it pretty much feels the same as the rest of the year, just hotter. Nonetheless, I love summer - I have really enjoyed the longer days/sunshine.   I had planned all these trips we could take before the baby coming, but unfortunately we didn't do much of anything this summer. The beginning of the summer was focused on planning/going to girls camp. After which, Tyler decided to get an extensive nasal surgery that took the rest of the summer to recover from. At least we saved money by not traveling...?? right?
I hope Tyler doesn't mind me posting this picture. The surgery was an awful experience. I cannot tell you how vulnerable I felt for the four hours I waited for him.  I HATED being on the other side of healthcare - I know too much about complications/mistakes/crappy and disrespectful nurses and doctors.  I thought a lot about the families of my patients that have to wait while their loved ones have surgery on their brain. I seriously do not know how people cope through it.  Tyler is healthy and was having an elective surgery, but it was very hard for me. I will get pay back when he has to watch me in labor hehe. I talked to my mom/dad and Melina on the phone. Plus I got to talk to my dear friend, Stephanie. This helped so much! I so wanted to be with him when he woke up from anesthesia to make sure he got what he needed, but they wouldn't let me back ( I should have just swiped in with my badge!). I cannot imagine being the family of the patients I take care of - my patients are so sick and their futures are so unclear. This experience has changed how I interact with families and take care of my patients.  Tyler had some complications from being under anesthesia that really freaked us out, but through the prayers, fasting, and faith of our families and loved ones, the complications have improved and he continues to get back to normal.

It was a cruel joke calling me to be camp director - I was 5 months pregnant and it was miserably hot and humid.  I did really enjoy getting to know the YW in our ward, plus making crafts for girls  (stole so many ideas from my leaders, I swear I just went to camp as a YW!) Here are a few -



I also made wedding cake for Kristina- a friend I work with.  I tried to tell her that buttercream and heat/humidity don't mix, but she insisted :) I was so relieved it didn't melt and topple over! Tyler kept telling me I was  P.U.P (pregnant under pressure) - not the best combo, ps...I totally married a nerd! I didn't get to stay for the wedding, but Kristina looked absolutely beautiful in the pictures I saw.  She is truly a gem!


The best part of the summer was growing my baby and preparing for her arrival. I went through a phase where I would randomly start freaking out/crying in fear of having to go through labor, and especially the pushing. I have seen it plenty, heard many horror stories and really positive ones, but obviously have never experienced it myself.  I am now just so excited for this baby to come. I can't wait! I love feeling her move all the time. I think I will miss that. I feel really blessed because this pregnancy has been so easy (compared to what others go through).- I am definitely starting to waddle, especially towards the end of my work days, I have sore legs/pelvis and its a joke trying to roll over in bed, I also wake up occasionally with charlie horses in  my calves.  Thats the extent though - easy breezy.  I did have to get an ultrasound from a perinatologist because I was measuring 2.5 weeks behind but she is healthy.  She is in the 30th percentile for weight, weighing 3.3 lbs. She is almost as big a her daddy when he was born (Ty was a preemie).  The Barr girls have 80th percentile babies, but it looks like I will be the exception - which I wouldn't mind!  I can't wait to meet this girl. She has already made such an impact, what a special little person she is. I am almost done getting her nursery ready. It is such a peaceful place for me to go. (That will probably change!)  To say the least - I am anxiously waiting her arrival!
I just took this picture - a little over 32 weeks


Her little hand is covering her mouth!















No comments:

Post a Comment