wedding COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Job News!

I am sooo grateful that I finally have my employment all lined up.  No more online applications, interviewing, and the DREADED waiting for the call- at least  for the time being...

I am grateful for all the family and friends that have been praying for me to get a job. I've had the opportunity to interview for some amazing jobs here - I feel really blessed.

Thursday morning I got the call.  I did not get the NICU job.  Honestly, I was pretty hurt.  I was so confident that I was going  to get it.  It just seemed like everything had lined up too perfectly for me not to get it.  I got served a very large piece of humble pie.

The next day I got to go to a relief society fireside with Barbara Thompson.  I felt the spirit so strongly and just felt at peace with everything.  I ended up sitting next to young mother from Utah.  She had traveled here to Ohio so her little son could get brain surgery at Cleveland Clinic, other hospitals had told her there was nothing that could be done.  The more I spoke with her  about her story, the more comforted/excited I felt with the prospect of working in a neuro ICU at CC.

I might have given it away, but yes today I got the job in the Neurological ICU (NICU) at Cleveland Clinic- I was ecstatic.  In a strange way, I feel like this is where I need  to be.  That  doesn't change the fact that I'm scared to death and have ALOT to learn!  I would never have guessed  I would have ended up working on this unit at such a high acuity hospital - with such stark white walls! (so different from NICU) I keep asking myself, how did I get this job!?! I don't like adult ICUs, I like babies! But seriously, how can I even complain when I have this opportunity- I can't - so I'm going to embrace it and learn as much as I can... I can't wait!  Now I'm going to get me some new nursing clogs to celebrate.



WISH ME LUCK!

I have faith that this is where Heavenly Father needs me.  NICU - I hope we can meet again in the future :)

2 comments:

  1. ahhh scary! Thats so intense Van but good job! Youre totally genius enough that youll be so good. Today at work they called a code in ICU. On the floor when we have a code all the ICU people come and save our patients. In ICU you are the code team. You have to save your own patient! Haha, scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I'm scared. Its really intimidating to start a job that don't know how to do. I don't want to be the code team! I made them promise in my interview to train me really well and not leave me high and dry... haha. Remember how I was telling you adult ICUs scare me, that hasn't changed! Hopefully in a year or so I will actually know stuff : )

    ReplyDelete