wedding COUNTDOWN

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

NICU


One year ago today was the first day of my capstone in the Newborn ICU.  I remember it well, it was a extremely busy shift.  My lovely preceptor, Alice, was the transition nurse for the day, which meant we got to go to all the c-sections and take care of the baby right after birth.  Frankly, It was overwhelming and I had no clue what was going on.  After a few more shifts, I got a better feel what NICU nursing was all about and I was hooked. It was my niche and I felt that it was the perfect outlet of nursing for me.  I even shed a few tears after my last capstone shift because I didn't know when I would get  the opportunity to work in NICU (in this economy, it can be tough to get a job there).  

Now its crunch time...  I had an amazing opportunity a few days after coming to Cleveland  to interview for a  NICU position.  Not only is the hospital walking distance (!!!) , it is consistently ranked in the top 4 NICUs in the country---they write  textbooks for goodness sake   

I am supposed to hear back anytime now and I feel soooooo anxious.  I have mixed emotions, I keep analyzing  the interviews in my head, I am preparing  myself for not getting it, but constantly praying that I will!  

Please Please call me and put me out of my misery!

Whatever should be, will be.


2 comments:

  1. youre makin me nervous! I thought this was the answer of whether you got it or not...

    ReplyDelete